Is pushing, emotional outbursts, typical three year old behavior?

Patient

Q: My son is about to turn three at the end of February is a happy child and has a good home life. He is an only child as I am not able to have more children. Since Christmas of this year, we have noticed that he has been having a hard time with behavior in his daycare. We get reports that he specifically in the morning has a hard time sharing with friends, sometimes pushes other children, yelling, and questioning authority. I know to an extent all of these things are normal toddler behavior but is there anything that we should be concerned about? He only seems to exhibit these behaviors in the morning and then by afternoon he is fine and happy again. Since he is an only child we have tried to keep taking turns with him and emphasize sharing at home. At home he tends to have a hard time with adjustments-transitions. When transitioning for example from play time to bath time we have to keep announcing a 10 more min, 5 more min countdown type of approach since if we just say bathtime he gets emotional. With the behavior at school and then the issues adjusting to transitions, I worry he may have an emotional disorder. He is generally a well behaved and happy child and his tantrums typically do not last long. What do you think? Should we be worried about any emotional special needs?

Doctor