Is she pregnant or is this just a hormone thing?

Patient : Hey, So my girlfriend is experiencing some pregnancy symptoms such as spotting redish pink and brown colors a few days before her period as well as her nipples are itchy... She is on birth control and I have never ejacualted inside of her so I was kinda hoppin you guys could give me an accurate report of what might be happening. Thank You!
Symptoms:  Spotting, nipple itching.
Doctor :   Hello, If your girlfriend has been on birth control and you both had protected sex all the time then there are no chan ces of pregnancy. The symptoms of itchy/ sore breasts, mood swings, spotting which she is experiencing is possibly PREMENSTRUAL SYNDROME which mimic early pregnancy symptoms and indicates that her menses are going to ensue in few days . These symptoms would stop by the start or completion of menses. I hope i have answered your query, regards