Is spotting and back pain symptoms of pregnancy?

Patient

Q: Hi.

I had sex with my boyfriend 2 1/2 weeks ago. We used a condom (durex extra safe) and he never ejaculated - we were both drunk and it just wasn't happening. He urinated about 40 mins to an hour before we had sex and didn't ejaculate between then and when we had sex (I have read that as long as a man urinates no sperm will be in his pre-ejaculate).The next morning I checked the condom - there was no semen in it and it was not torn.

However, about 8 days later I starting spotting. For the first day it was just a pink coloured discharge and the next day it was blood but that is all it lasted. Now 2 1/2 weeks later my lower back kind of aches and I felt a bit nauseous this afternoon.

My periods are extremely irregular - to the point where I cannot calculate whether it is late or not. My cycles range from 14-68 days long in the last year.

I suffer very badly from anxiety and I just have a very bad feeling that I am pregnant. It's all that I can think about. I am sure he never ejaculated at any point while we were intimate, but I'm scared these symptoms I'm having are pregnancy symptoms, and my worry is that maybe he entered me without a condom and I did not realise? I have asked him and he said he did not but we were both drunk. I am absolutely sure he did not ejaculate in me if he did, so what is the likelyhood of all of this making me pregnant?

I know this may seem silly but I'd just really like a proper opinion on this. Thanks so much.

Symptoms:  Lower right side of my back aches, Spotting, possible nausea
Doctor

A:   The best way to allay your anxiety would be to perform a home pregnancy urine test .
If it is negative then wait for another week or so for your periods and repeat the test if you still do not get your periods.
Try to maintain a menstrual diary for about 3 months to establish your cycle pattern and remember to have safe sex always.