Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Is the result of semen analysis good or bad? the semen

Is the result of semen analysis good or bad? the semen

Patient: Is the result of semen analysis good or bad?the semen analysis result:-volume :3 ml-liquefaction: 40 minutes-concentration: 58 millions.-Motility: 25 rapid progressive, 30 slow progressive, 25 non- progressive and 20 immotile.-Morphology: 70% normal.I saw two doctors, the first doctor say that your result is perfect, but the other doctor say its bad because the rapid progressive motility only 25%.so i wondering my result good or bad!

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query,The result indicates moderate sperm count and decreased motility making the diagnosis of asthenospermia. You may have to be placed on tab L-CARNITINE 1000mg twice a day for next 3 months to allow improvement in counts and motility.Regards