Is the Varicella Zoster vaccine safe for those with autoimmune disease?

Patient

Q: I have autoimmune disease. Twenty years ago I developed shingles on my forehead that traveled down on my right eyelid. Valtrex helped me. After a flu shot 4-years ago, the virus reactivated. Now, after dental work on my upper right molar reactivated the virus. In the past, I had to take several refills to obliterate the rash. If I thought the vaccine would help me, I would get it, but I have read that those with immune disease should avoid the vaccine as it is live. Is this correct?

Doctor