Is the weight loss pill Garcinia Cambogia safe?

Patient

Q: Is the weight loss pill "Garcinia Cambogia" safe? Like what's in it that's burning your fat. I don't want it to be like a tape worm or anything.

Doctor

A:   Hi
Thank you for the question.

Garcinia is a plant. The fruit rind is used to make medicine. Garcinia is POSSIBLY SAFE for most people when taken by mouth for 12 weeks or less. Long-term safety is unknown. Garcinia can cause nausea, digestive tract discomfort, and headache. Be sure to follow relevant directions on product labels and consult your Physician or other healthcare professional before using.

Have a nice day.