Is there a chance I could be pregnant

Patient: My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex last week and we can’t remember if his semen ended up inside of me or not, i’ve been feeling quite sick this morning, is there a possible chance that it could be morning sickness this early? and what would be the best option to see if i am or not. we do not want a child at this stage

Symptoms: A stomach ache, internal vaginal soreness, groin ache

Doctor: HelloThanks for the query.It is indeed very early to develop morning sickness.It generally starts by 4 to 6 weeks of pregnancy. Stomach ache, groin ache, nausea could be a part of premenstrual syndrome. It can also be associated with breast pain, bloating sensation, anxiety, mood swings as well.To rule out a pregnancy at the earliest, you could do a beta hCG blood test after 10 days of ovulation , around day 24 of your cycle and repeat again after 2 days to see an increasing trend which confirms pregnancy.You can also do a urine pregnancy test in case you miss your next cycle.Premenstrual symptoms can be dealt with drinking 3 liters of water a day, deep breathing exercises, cut down on tea, coffee, alcohol, and smoking.Physical activity like a brisk walk for 30 minutes daily will help.Hope this helped.Regards