Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Is there a chance I could be pregnant or is this PMS?

Is there a chance I could be pregnant or is this PMS?

Patient: I had sex for the first time two days ago. it was unprotected but the penis was only in me for a short amount of time and he did not come at all from what i remember. I am on birth control and suppose to get my period on wednesday. Yesterday and today I have had cramping and felt fatigue and lost of appetite. I have been out drinking.

Symptoms: Fatigue, nausea, lost of appetite, slight cramping

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.As you are using birth control pills and as there was no ejacu lation the possibility of pregnancy is less.The symptoms you are having could be due to the side effects of pills or indicating onset of withdrawal bleeding or due to possible pelvic infection due to intercourse.If you do not get withdrawal bleeding in one week after expected date of periods, better to go for urine pregnancy test once.Take care.