Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Is there a medicine that can make me cry?

Is there a medicine that can make me cry?

Patient: Is there a medicine that can make me cry? I haven’t cried for a long time please tell me so I can take the medicine and cry again .

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.There is no such medicine wh ich can induce crying. It is more of a psychological and emotional feeling.If you really want to cry, you need to think about certain things that you probably could have done differently, or about something which you wanted but could never get. Such feelings make you emotional and you end up crying.However, if you are talking purely from the medical perspective, absence of tears will cause dryness in the eyes, and for that you need Carboxymethylcellulose eye drops. You can put 2-3 drops 3 times daily, and this will ensure you do not have dry eyes.Hope this was helpful,Regards