Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Is there a need to change BP meds after gallbladder removal?

Is there a need to change BP meds after gallbladder removal?

Patient: Hello Doctor Thanks for the services. my mother just got operated with gallstones, gallbladder is removed. she is also under medication for high blood pressure, taking eritel h. My questions is: is there a need to be changes in medication.

Doctor: I would not know the generic name of Eritel H. Drugs do have generic names (the generic being the main active ingredient ) and brand names (E.g. Eritel H). I would prefer knowing the generic name. Those who have gallbladder disease may have high blood cholesterol levels too. If your mom does have high cholesterol levels, beta-blocker pills should be avoided. You can ask her doctor if Eritel H is a beta-blocker; if it is not, then there would be no need to change her medications. I do hope I have appeased your concern and take care always.