Is there a relationship between acne and masturbation

Q: I am pretty sure that there is a correlation between masturbation and acne. Whenever I don't masturbate for at least a week or two, my acne seems to go away. And I can tell for myself because I then get compliments saying "you're skin looks clearer." Now I have masturbated 3 times in the last 2 days, I can had a breakout of cystic acne.

So what exactly is the reason why masturbation is causing acne?

A:   There is only one relation between masturbation and acne, that both start during puberty. During puberty, the body undergoes hormonal changes. In boys, the sexual organ (testes) produces a surplus of testosterone, the hormone that promotes sexual development and the secretion of sebum from the sebaceous glands (mainly present over the face, chest, back and shoulders). As the sebum is produced by the sebaceous glands, some pores (sebaceous ducts) get clogged, allowing bacteria under the skin to grow and create small inflammations. It is this process which leads to the appearance of acne, a phenomenon called hyper seborrhea, more common in people with oily skin. Hence, there is no relation between masturbation and the development of acne. Although, masturbation is a healthier and otherwise harmless way of sexual gratification at your age, overindulgence should be avoided.