Is there a way to tell if I can still have kids or not?

Patient: Am I still Fertile? Okay, I am 22 years old. I had a surgery and had my left ovary removed when I was 16. The docs said I could still have kids.. when i had my surgery my cycles went from 7 days to 2/3 days. last year I had 3 kidney infections, I am wondering if this had an effect on my fertility or not. I know I am still ovulating because I feel it every month on the left or right side..I have a good job my bf has a good job we have been together for a year and have been living with each other. we have been trying to get pregnant for the last 5 months and it has not worked. I know you probably judge saying I am too young, but we are both emotionally, mentally, physically, and financially ready to share our life and love with a beautiful baby. I’m not sure what is hindering it. Help??. ­čÖü

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.Having one ovary is enough for you to become pregnant. The single ovary will be ovulatin g and can be fertilised to cause pregnancy. It is ok to not be pregnant for up to a year to be considered fertile.If you are not pregnant after 1 year, please see an Infertility specialist. Hope this helps you. All the best.