Is there a way to tell the direction of an

Patient

Q: Is there a way to tell the direction of an internal cesarean scar when you no longer have access to the original medical records?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

It may be possible depending on the type of instruments used and the way the stitches were applied. Usually an incision is made from the inside and then outwards to the periphery. In such a case, I guess the direction would not matter.

The surgeon who did the surgery may also remember the way that the surgery was done. Talk about a VBAC to your Doctor. They will be able to advise you best after a thorough examination.

Hope this helps you. All the best.