Is there any relation between Crohn's disease and Osgood-Schlatter's disorder

Patient

Q: Is there a connection between crohn's and osgood schlatters

Doctor

A:    Crohn’s disease is one of the Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) and amongst the extra intestinal symptoms might occur the Ankylosing spondylitis or spondyoarthropathy but not Osgood-Schlatter’s  which is a disorder that occurs in children aged 10-15, involved in sports with running, kicking and jumping. It is produced by a repetitive traction from quadriceps contraction through the patellar tendon at its insertion upon the skeletally immature preadolescent’s tibial tubercle. The symptoms commonly are: pain in the inferior patella that is aggravated by kneeling, improves with rest and there is tenderness in the area of the tibial tubercle and the patellar tendon.