Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Is There any Surgery that increases Metabolism?

Is There any Surgery that increases Metabolism?

Patient: Hey! I’ve heard about these people who have an natural high combustion, and I was wondering if it was possible for me to get a combustion like that through surgery? I want to be able to eat whatever I’d like, whenever I’d like without gaining weight. Like, be a just over or just under my normal weight and still eat more than the average? Don’t get me wrong, I wont do this so I can lay at the coach all day eating chocolate, I will just stop dieting and EAT. And don’t say “eating healthy and exercising” cause I’ve heard that one before. Thanks!

Doctor: There is no such surgery. The only way to increase your metabolism is through regular vigorous exercise.