Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Is there any treatment for urge incontinence

Is there any treatment for urge incontinence

Patient: Is there any treatment for urge incontinence in women.my GF has this problem.she had a operation for backbone in her childhood. please suggest the best doctor or hospital in anywhere in the world.. please help me.reply me.

Doctor: Treatment of urge incontinence will depend on how severe the symptoms are, and how much they interfere lifestyle. In mos t cases, her doctor will suggest the least invasive treatments first which includes Behavioral treatments such as bladder training, pelvic muscle exercises, biofeedback and urge suppression. Her doctor may also prescribe medication to help relax the bladder. These include anticholinergic medicines, urispas and TCAs (imipramine). If other treatments aren’t working, several surgical procedures have been developed to fix problems that cause urinary incontinence. Some of the commonly used procedures include, sling procedure, bladder neck suspension and artificial urinary sphincter. The best doctor to go to with urge incontinence would be a urologist with experience in dealing with urinary incontinence. I hope this helps, take care.