Is there any treatment for urge incontinence


Q: Is there any treatment for urge incontinence in GF has this problem.she had a operation for backbone in her childhood. please suggest the best doctor or hospital in anywhere in the world.. please help me.reply me.


A:   Treatment of urge incontinence will depend on how severe the symptoms are, and how much they interfere lifestyle. In most cases, her doctor will suggest the least invasive treatments first which includes Behavioral treatments such as bladder training, pelvic muscle exercises, biofeedback and urge suppression. Her doctor may also prescribe medication to help relax the bladder. These include anticholinergic medicines, urispas and TCAs (imipramine). If other treatments aren't working, several surgical procedures have been developed to fix problems that cause urinary incontinence. Some of the commonly used procedures include, sling procedure, bladder neck suspension and artificial urinary sphincter. The best doctor to go to with urge incontinence would be a urologist with experience in dealing with urinary incontinence. I hope this helps, take care.

Related Q&A

Q: I have a headache for 6 days blood in urine and pain in abdomine had a stent put in panrease 2 years ago any ideas wh...

Q: For a while It constantly felt like I had to urinate but I never really had to, and it was painful to do so. When thi...

Q: I have urinary problems now for a few weeks (frequency, urgency, can't seem to empty bladder, and slight burning). I...

Q: Hello, I had protected sex about a week ago, and now I currently have slight redness/irritation at the tip of my p...

Q: Sir few drops of blood came after i urinate this happen from 15years every year some times now i am 37 years three mo...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon