Is there any truth to women can have stealth pregnancies

Patient

Q: Is there any truth to women can have stealth pregnancies. I am 34 and on the implant. I have noticed for a few months that i have gained weight i am tired all the time and feel sick most nights. I have also noticed my chest is bigger and my right one seems to leak a little clear liquid.

Doctor

Stealth pregnancies, also known as cryptic pregnancies are situations where a woman is unaware of her pregnancy status. This is a possibility is some women who are either in depression or have been undergoing treatment with neuropsychiatric medications or in women who are too involved with daily activities and are very busy with their routines. But this forms a small percentage of women.
In your case as you have been on an implant which is progesterone based and inhibits ovulation during the cycle preventing pregnancy and discharge from the nipple indicating probable high prolactin levels which can further contribute to amenorrhoea or anovulation. So the chances of pregnancy in your case are minimum. However, if you suspect so, then you may get a urine pregnancy test done to confirm or rule out pregnancy for sure.

I hope I have answered your query in detail.
Wishing you good health.