September 21, 2018

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Is there anything I can use for cleaning the head

Is there anything I can use for cleaning the head

Patient: Is there anything I can use for cleaning the head and foreskin?I REG.soap and water but I don’t think I rinsed all the soap out.

Symptoms: It gets white flaky stuff under the foreskin and where the opening of the skin is it has shrunk,cracks and bleeds when I pull the skin back.

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.I have read your history carefully and understood your concerns.The condition you have no w is called balanoposthitis. Because of the recurrence it gives secondary phimosis.I would advise you the following:Check for blood sugar and other routine tests of blood and urine.Get a clinical evaluation, preferably by a General Surgeon or Urologist and get a prescription for antibiotics.Please apply Solution Povidone Iodine as cleaning agent.I hope this answers your query.