Is there anything I should do for a severe tmj headache

Patient

Q: Is there anything I should do for a severe tmj headache Excedrin or IBU 800 doesn't work

Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

It seems that you have a headache that is resistant to simple medications like Ibuprofen. I recommend that you see a Neurologist to get stronger medications prescribed to you.

Migraine or chronic headaches occur because of dilatation of the blood vessels. These blood vessels, when stretched, cause a lot of pain. To treat this, most Doctors advise avoiding the trigger factors. Examples of trigger factors can be cold, sun, exercise and other such causes.

See a Doctor as soon as possible to help.