Is this a meniscus tear?

Q: Hi I hurt my right knee back in 2012. I was working at a nursing home preventing a fall and I felt a pop when I was twisting. The knee has been swollen ever since then and has never gone back to normal. It also does click, pop, and feel like it may give out from under me when I walk at times. It is also very painful. The pain is mostly on the outside of the right knee but generally radiates everywhere. I went to see a doctor about a week after my injury and she diagnosed it as bursitis since I hadn't had anything show up on the MRI. I eventually had to attend physical therapy for that leg since it locked up so much I wasn't walking correctly and I was losing muscle mass on it. I went for 6 months and they gave me a brace to wear. When I first went in they wanted me to walk with a cane that's how bad it was. I can now walk on it properly still but it seems like it is almost staring to tighten up again and no medications I take do much for the pain and swelling. I really can't do much with the leg. I am a very active person but even now if I am just walking for a few hours with the brace my leg gets more swollen and very painful. I also just recently noticed that when I rub my hand over the knee cap it feels like its creaking, it never used to do that before. As well as with stairs its painful to go up and down them but more painful while going down and it clicks when I do so.

Symptoms:  Pain in the knee, swelling, popping, clicking, pressure while walking, grinding ext