Is this a miscarriage?

Patient

Q: I was spoting for a few days. I had no backs pain or cramps. But i had signs of pregnancy, like headaches, sleepness, and heartburn like i never had before. Three days later my boyfriend came over and we had sex. After that i laid down when i woke up i was wet. I went to the bathroom and saw blood everywhere i had back pains and cramps. Was it just a period or a miscarriage?

Doctor

A:   In order to be diagnosed with a miscarriage, we first have to diagnose that you are pregnant.  The symptoms you mentioned are not classically associated with pregnancy (headache, sleepiness, heartburn). if you are still expericeing them or they occur again, please see your doctor.