Ask The Doctor > Pending > Is this a reaction from stopping my birth control pills?

Is this a reaction from stopping my birth control pills?

Patient: I have recently stopped my birth control pills. Starting the day I was supposed to have my period, I started bloating, had migraines, tender breasts. I didn’t have a period for four days, then I started to spot. That only lasted a few days, but my symptoms did not stop. I have headaches, VERY sore, tender breasts, my breasts have swelled and veins have popped up all around them(no lumps), I’ve been bloated, gassy, nauseated, hungry and tired for 3 weeks straight. Not to mention I’ve been constipated for the last few days. I have most these symptoms everyday! I took 2 pregnancy tests and they were both negative.My question is: do I just need to wait this out or should I go to my doctor? I haven’t got a lot of time on my hands, so I would rather not go to the doctor unless it’s absolutesly nesasary!Also, what can I do for sore breasts? My breasts are so sore I can’t lay on my side and my bras hurt me. I tried an oatmeal bath and different bras, but it doesn’t seem to help

Symptoms: Sore breasts, nausea, bloating, headaches, indigestion/heartburn, gassy,

Doctor: