Is this a Yeast infection or something else?

Patient : A few weeks ago I began to experience some itching and irritation around my vulva, I'm concerned and wondering if it's a yeast infection or something else
Symptoms:  Itching, redness, irritation around the vulva, vaginal discharge, rash from itching the area
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. Yeast infection of the vagina can present with curdy white discharge with itching and irr itation in the vagina.However, diagnosis must be confirmed by a vaginal examination, a vaginal swab for culture and then treat you accordingly. You may need vaginal pessaries or oral tablets for a week, maintain sanitary hygiene and avoid unprotected intercourse till complete cure. Hope this helped. Regards,

Related Q&A

Q: I am 32 yr old femae, I have had a history of being diagnosed with overactive bladder 2001(age 19) - 2008, treated wi...

Q: I am a male of 30. I have been experiencing some rashes on my Penis (tip of the penis). The top half of the tip of th...

Q: What do I do about reoccurring yeast infections? For about 2 years now, I've been getting on-and-off yeast infections...

Q: I am suffering yeast infection for a year and i am so worried about my health, i have already taken anti-fungal antib...

Q: I am prone to get yeast infection, by taking drugs containing yeast ,, will that just make it worse?


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon