Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Is this and allergy or measles?

Is this and allergy or measles?

Patient: Hi doc. I had a measles last january 2014 and then agter having a measle, few days after Since february 2014, my skin is so itchy until now ๐Ÿ™ I know this is not a measle. is this a kind of skin allergy ?

Symptoms: itchy skin

Doctor: Assuming that you have no rashes along with itching, you could be suffering from a dry skin condition subsequent to reco very from measles. Try to moisturize the skin immediately after bath and at bed time. In addition, you may take some anti-histaminic medication (prescribed by your doctor) for relief from itching. If you do not get relief in a weeks’ time, you should see an Allergist or a Dermatologist to decipher the cause of your problem.