Is this normal for nexplanon?.

Patient

Q: I have the nexplanon put in about two weeks ago and the bruising has pretty much wend away but now it's red, itches really bad and the place where it is under my skin is a lump like it's swollen. What should I do?

Symptoms:  Red, itchy, possible swelling
Doctor

thanks for contacting askthedoctor.com

It appears that you have developed infection at the site of placing nexplanon. The redness and swelling indicates inflammation and swelling. It is advisable that you visit your physician for an evaluation. There may be a possibility that asepsis may not have be followed and it may have to be removed .

I hope i have answered your query.
wishing you health,
regards