Is this Pelvic Girdle Pain?

Patient: I am just over 12 weeks pregnant and for the past two weeks my back pain has been getting worse and worse. I am getting pain in the bones around my buttocks and severe pain in my lower back and sometimes find it difficult to walk or stand up. I can’t even sleep at night because of the pain. Is this PGP? I have symptoms similar to this. Please advise.I went to see my GP yesterday but I really feel I was not checked thoroughly.

Doctor: The pregnancy supposes an extra weight for you, straining your lumbar and pelvic muscles and ligaments, these over the time could be stretched and strained producing:  Pelvic Girdle pain (PGP), this is characteristic in some women at the third trimester, but it can begin as early as week 13-22. Roughly about 45% of the pregnant women and 25% of the women at postpartum suffer from PGP. Maybe following these conservative measures may help you: when in bed, lie down on your side, knees together when rolling on the bed, try not to pull yourself up from lying on your back, sleep with a pillow between the legs, avoid sofas and chairs too low or too soft, take smaller steps when walking, avoid stairs if possible, take breaks, move within the limits of pain, avoid twisting, bending or squatting. Also is very important to keep a good posture , while standing, keep your head up and straight back. If you are required to stand for long periods of time, you should have a small stool on which to rest one foot at a time. Do not wear high heels and keep your weight under control during your pregnancy.