Is this serious? Is there anything you can recommend

Patient : Is this what you would call a yeast infection? I've had some itching for about a week now and then white stuff started to appear if you can help I rather go to a pharmacy and get something over the counter if there's something you recommend?
Symptoms:  Itching
Is this serious? Is there a...-1 Is this serious? Is there a...-2
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. It is possible that you may be suffering from a fungal yeast infection. We recommend that y ou purchase a 7 day over the counter yeast infection medication and take it as directed to see if this will clear your infection effectively. If this does not help, you will need to see your doctor for further evaluation and treatment. Thank you for consulting

Related Q&A

Q: I am 32 yr old femae, I have had a history of being diagnosed with overactive bladder 2001(age 19) - 2008, treated wi...

Q: I am a male of 30. I have been experiencing some rashes on my Penis (tip of the penis). The top half of the tip of th...

Q: What do I do about reoccurring yeast infections? For about 2 years now, I've been getting on-and-off yeast infections...

Q: I am suffering yeast infection for a year and i am so worried about my health, i have already taken anti-fungal antib...

Q: I am prone to get yeast infection, by taking drugs containing yeast ,, will that just make it worse?


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon