Is this serious? Is there anything you can recommend

Patient

Q: Is this what you would call a yeast infection? I've had some itching for about a week now and then white stuff started to appear if you can help I rather go to a pharmacy and get something over the counter if there's something you recommend?

Symptoms:  Itching
Is this serious? Is there a...-1 Is this serious? Is there a...-2
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. It is possible that you may be suffering from a fungal yeast infection. We recommend that you purchase a 7 day over the counter yeast infection medication and take it as directed to see if this will clear your infection effectively. If this does not help, you will need to see your doctor for further evaluation and treatment.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com