Is this strep throat Do I need antibiobics

Patient: I have a severe sore throat which did bleed last week I went to the dr he said Viral, its not got any better its a dry cough with green phlegm I have hot sweats but no temp and feel out of sorts. I am taking paracetamol ibuprofen and aspirin along with a vitamin tonic, vitamin c tabs and enchinchea, I also take manuka honey twice a day 24+

Symptoms: , Coughing excessive, hot sweats, sore throat, red raw throat

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI am pleased to assist you.Most sore throat infections s tart as viral, but if it not controlled, it quickly progresses to a superadded bacterial infection. Since you’re producing phlegm along with excessive coughing, you need to start antibiotics besides saline water gargling 3-4 times a day.Saline water gargling will soothe the irritated pharyngeal mucosa and give you relief. Have warm water, and avoid cold fluids as of now.A good choice antibiotic for such infections is Augmentin ( combination of amoxycillin + clavulanic acid ), can be taken 2 times daily for a week. You can discuss using this antibiotic with your physician.Hope this was helpful,Regards.