Is tomato allergy connected to gluten allergy?

Patient

Q: For two years my mouth instantly hurts when I eat tomatoes. It feels like a burning sensation. As if I eat raw chilli, followed by itching. Then comes blisters on the tongue, which last for a couple of days. Now the same started happening when I eat bread.
My doctors advise regarding the tomato allergy "stop eating tomato" But is that really all I can do? Now with bread too?
Is it possible that these symptoms are -well- symptoms for something else, something more severe?

Symptoms:  Other symptoms: acne on the neck. Occasional stomach aces/cramps and lactose-intolerance.
Doctor