Is too much Tea bad for you?

Patient : I was told by a family member that if you drink too much tea over a period of time it can put a hole in your stomach. I was wondering if there is any truth to that? I don't put sugar in my Tea,either.
Doctor :   I realize your concern about this matter. Let me reassure you that there is no information at all to support that. It i s true that tea contains caffeine which is known to cause gastritis, however the concentration is low and won’t cause ulcer and certainly is not a risk factor as Coffee is. I hope I could clear your doubt.