Is too much Tea bad for you?

Patient

Q: I was told by a family member that if you drink too much tea over a period of time it can put a hole in your stomach. I was wondering if there is any truth to that? I don't put sugar in my Tea,either.

Doctor

A:   I realize your concern about this matter. Let me reassure you that there is no information at all to support that.
It is true that tea contains caffeine which is known to cause gastritis, however the concentration is low and won’t cause ulcer and certainly is not a risk factor as Coffee is. I hope I could clear your doubt.