Is urine prgnancy test kit accurate

Q: Does prenancy urine test kit accurate? i have let my girlfriend take the test and the result come out negitive two times i am still worry because her menses have not come it have been 17 days already two test kit came out negitive

Symptoms:  Prenancy

The urine pregnancy tests show accurate results provided the cycles are regular and you are sure about the last menstrual cycle. They generally show correct results when tested the day after missing the anticipated next cycle.
The best method to confirm a pregnancy is by doing a beta hCG test, which is a blood test and shows a increasing level of hormone hCG in the body suggestive of a pregnancy and confirming an intrauterine pregnancy by an ultrasound at 5 weeks of missing the last period .
Kindly consult a gynecologist for the above tests and rule out pregnancy.Conditions like polycystic ovaries, thyroid dysfunction , hyperprolactinemia, etc have to be also ruled out which cause delayed periods.
If negative for pregnancy, the doctor may prescribe her hormonal pills for 5 days after which she may resume her cycles.