Is using Inversion table safe when taking anti-coagulants?

Q: I am a male, 53, 40 pounds overweight, with borderline hypertension. I had a DVT with a resulting pulminary embolism 18 months ago. My doctor has me on warfarin. I sometimes have lower back pain so I bought an inversion table. Is inversion contraindicated in my case? I just want to invert partially for a few minutes a day, especially when my back goes out.

A:    The inversion table therapy may provide many benefits, for example relieve back pain, decompress spine,  stretch muscles and ligaments, improve circulation, but the Inversion Therapy IS NOT for Everyone if you are using anti-coagulants is not recommended to use the inversion table unless your physician gives you clearance to do so. The other conditions in which the inversion table in contraindicated are: recent bone fractures, skeletal implants, conjunctivitis, glaucoma, heart disorders, hiatal hernias, obesity, pregnancy, retinal detachment, stroke, TIA, total hip and total knee replacements.