It all started one day when I was bench pressing

Patient

Q: It all started one day when I was bench pressing. I felt a slight pull in my right hip and thought it was strange since bench pressing doesn't involve hips. A couple of weeks later I pulled the hip muscle while sprinting and did not fully recover for a month. Ever since then I've had occasional pain in my hip. A couple of days ago I pulled it again but not as severe as the first time. I find that my hip has gotten sensitive. Is this a serious problem and how do I prevent further injury.

Doctor

A:   Hello
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

Such pain can be Muscular back pain or Prolapsed Intervertebral disc compression.
So, I would advise you to get an MRI Lumbosacral spine. For muscular pain, I advise a combination of pain killer and muscle relaxant containing Diclofenac and Thiocolchicoside.You should do hot fomentation of the affected area and apply Diclofenac ointment locally.You should also physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage.
Share my opinion with your doctor.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy