IT Band syndrome - very painful!

Patient : I have an IT band issue - how do I get back in to running? I was running about 15 miles a week, then one day, I was in agony when I went down the stairs.
Symptoms:  Pain when I walk down steps!
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for your query on ATD. I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You Have got IT b and syndrome. You have to rest and avoid running for 2 weeks. Analgesic such as ibuprofen are helpful in pain relief. Vitamin B and C help in recovery. Hope your query get answered. Wishing you a good health. Take care.