It feels like there is something stuck in my throat

Q: It feels like there is something stuck in my throat. It has been going on for two full days now. It is hard to eat or drink and makes me feel like vomiting at times. Is this something I should have checked out immediately?

A:   Hello
Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.

This issue can be because of Upper Respiratory tract infection (URTI) or Acid reflux.
At home, you can do warm saline gargles, steam inhalation. You should drink hot fluids like ginger tea, that will soothe the pain.
But in case you have fever then you should see your doctor who will examine you and prescribe an antibiotic like Azithromycin or Amoxycillin. You can continue Cetirizine that you are taking for net 2-3 days. In case of severe pain, you can add a tablet of Aspirin in water and do gargles with that. You may take Paracetamol on as or when required basis for fever and body pains.
For acid reflux a combination of Rabeprazole and Domperidone is prescribed.
Share my opinion with your doctor before you act upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy