It is a general question about children

Patient : How often do you give a three year old a worm out within one year?
Symptoms:  No symptoms
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com A 3-year-old can be given medication for worms once every 3 month s if required. Albendazole is the drug of choice. However, if there are no worms or any such complaints you can give it prophylactically once in 6 months. Albendazole can cause a bit of gastric upset, nausea and vomiting. So it should not be given frequently. Hence once in 6 months is fine. If his hygiene is maintained properly with a good diet, he won't need Albendazole. Hope this was helpful, Reaards.