It is a general question about children

Patient

Q: How often do you give a three year old a worm out within one year?

Symptoms:  No symptoms
Doctor

Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com
A 3-year-old can be given medication for worms once every 3 months if required. Albendazole is the drug of choice. However, if there are no worms or any such complaints you can give it prophylactically once in 6 months.
Albendazole can cause a bit of gastric upset, nausea and vomiting. So it should not be given frequently. Hence once in 6 months is fine. If his hygiene is maintained properly with a good diet, he won't need Albendazole.

Hope this was helpful,
Reaards.