It started with muscle tension from the muscles on this

Patient: It started with muscle tension from the muscles on this sides of my neck, along with wearing a hat, created this constant pressure on the back of my neck, where the cervical area is located causing this imflamation, swelling and popping and grinding of muscles tissue, bones or whatever lump causing on the back part of my neck also created a numbness like in my hands and fingers, sorta where the cervical area is which now looks like i have a hump back, what is this and how can i fix it PLEASE?

Symptoms: Very clammed up feeling, stiffness, knotting, numbness in the finger tips.discomfort, etc.

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at I understand your concern.A constant pressure sensati on around the neck muscles and the popping and grinding sensation indicates that the muscle has suffered from a lot of wear and tear in recent times.You have been experiencing discomfort around this area, and now the symptoms of numbness in the fingers indicates a possible pinched nerve due to the inflammation of the muscles in the cervical area. Especially, pinched nerve is a common problem around the cervical area. This is mostly a self-limiting disorder where once the inflammation subsides, the pinched nerve also improves and the numbness gradually reduces.At this point your target should be to rest the muscles around the cervical area as far as possible, and you can apply Diclofenac gel twice daily around the area of the tightness. If it still does not reduce, you can take Tab. Advil or Naproxen for relief twice daily after food under the care of your physician.Normally the symptoms should not last beyond a couple of weeks to a month.If it does, you have to get an x-ray of the cervical area and further treatment will be based on that.Hope this was helpful,Regards.

View all posts