Itch in urethra, became a sharp pain when touched

Patient

Q: I have a sharp pain in my urethra that appeared over the course of two weeks. What are possible causes? STD is unlikely as I last had sex, unprotected, about a month before any symptoms appeared. The symptoms started as an itch when I peed, became a burn, and now the sharp pain when it is touched, pulled, or whatever. It is no longer uncomftorable to pee, except for a slight itchy feeling afterwards that, when touched, brings about the sharp pain. So its an itch in my urethra that provides a very sharp pain when itched, touched, pulled, squeezed, etc. Naturally this makes any sexual activity painful.

Symptoms:  Burning, itching, sharp pain in urethra for about 2 weeks.
Doctor