Itching around the nipple

Patient : The area around my right nipple is rough, itchy and sometimes oozes a clear fluid. I'm a 55 year old male, what's going on?
Symptoms:  Itchy, rough area around my nipple
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. It is possible that you have developed a bacterial skin infection of this area of you nippl e. This would account for the clear discharge that you are experiencing from the area of this infection. We would recommend that you have this examined by your doctor. If this is an infection, you will be prescribed topical or oral antibiotics to treat it. Try to avoid scratching the area excessively as this can cause breakage of the skin leading to increased risk of infection. Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com