Itching for a year after three days on neurontin, sudden sugar allergy after stopping

Q: I was prescribed neurontin last year for a pain disorder, started itching after 3 days on it and was told to stop taking it. I stopped at that time, but the itching never went away, and it's been over a year. I take vistaril every day to make it stop, but I've recently noticed that it's worse with refined sugar consumption, and my breathing becomes more shallow afterwards. After cutting out refined sugars from my diet, the symptoms have disappeared. Is it possible that the neurontin had something to do with my sudden allergy to refined sugars?