Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Itching in genital area

Itching in genital area

Patient: Hi.., i am 18 year old male.. i have a strong urge to scratch the area surrounding my penis and scrotum. I also found small brownish like dust paricles in my pubic hairs. Another thing is that this urge to scratch is slowly spreading to adjacent areas.. I am bisexual and i had gay sex with some 2 persons and I mastubrate often pls help me…pls

Doctor: Genital itching can be a symptom of many conditions which may include jock itch, skin irritation due to contact dermatit is and sexually transmitted diseases. I would definitely suggest that you see a health-care professional to rule out sexually transmitted disease as the cause of genital itching. I would also advise that you wash your penis well, including the area under the foreskin, keep the area dry, wear loose, natural-fiber underwear and clothing and avoid unprotected sex.