Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Itching on penis skin inner side

Itching on penis skin inner side

Patient: Hi, I have itching on my penis head skin on inner side, what should I do and what type of doctor should I consult?

Symptoms: Itching on penis skin inner side

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.Itching on the penile skin i s common and mostly secondary to a fungal infection. If you are not circumcised, there is a possibility that the itching could be due to the accumulation of smegma ( white crusty material ) under the prepuce.You can consult a dermatologist and apply Mupirocin ointment 3 times daily till the itching comes down.If a fungal infection is confirmed, Clotrimazole ointment will help in reducing the itching.Hope this was helpful,Regards