Itching on penis skin inner side

Patient : Hi, I have itching on my penis head skin on inner side, what should I do and what type of doctor should I consult?
Symptoms:  Itching on penis skin inner side
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com I understand your concern. Itching on the penile skin i s common and mostly secondary to a fungal infection. If you are not circumcised, there is a possibility that the itching could be due to the accumulation of smegma ( white crusty material ) under the prepuce. You can consult a dermatologist and apply Mupirocin ointment 3 times daily till the itching comes down. If a fungal infection is confirmed, Clotrimazole ointment will help in reducing the itching. Hope this was helpful, Regards