Itchy bumps

Q: I've got a strange section of red raised bumps on the backs of my hands close to my knuckles. They're a little sore and mildly itchy. I've not change any soaps at home or at work and I haven't come in contact with anything weird or strange.
I've had the bumps for two days now, they're more prominent on my right had and now seem to be morphing into a large hive like sore. I've had hives before and they've always started on the inside of my forearms and then my legs. But these bumps are only on the backs of my hands. Im unsure what to do or what they are.
I'm 23 woman with a head cold.