Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Itchy dry vagina with bumps

Itchy dry vagina with bumps

Patient: I have very bad dry vaginal skin and it’s very itchy. Keeps me up all night. The only relief I get is when I’m on my period. Also, have bumps on my labia minora, which is extremely itchy. I sexually active, but I’ve only have had sex with one woman. She was also a virgin, so don’t think it’s an STD. My vagina gets very swollen from all the itchy which may be irritating it.

Doctor: Thank you for your question. This could be caused by a fungal infection, hormonal changes, or even a sexual transmitted infection. We recommend you have this examined by your doctor in order to determine exactly what is causing your condition. From your photo, there appears to be some inflammation and a possible infection resulting in the bumps we observe. Please see your doctor.Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com