Itchy Groin after oral sex

Q: I am a male and I recieved oral sex for the first time about a month and a half ago.(im still a virgin) About two days after receiving the oral sex,my urethra ached and it burned when i urinated. I went to the doctor and everything checked out okay and the doctor said i was clean for infections such as clamydia, and ghonnorea. It went away for about a week, and now my scrotum is very itchy and occasionally so is my penis. What do you expect this to be?

A:   There could be several conditions that could be causing your symptoms of itching groin. The most common cause of a groin itch is due to tinea cruris, a fungal infection. The infection occurs due to the prolonged wetness in the groin areas due to sweating and the friction from the clothes. An anti-fungal cream with hydrocortisone (a steroid) will treat the infection and reduce the symptoms of itching.