Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Itchy Skin and Hair Fall Due To Hypothyroidism?

Itchy Skin and Hair Fall Due To Hypothyroidism?

Patient: Both arms feel like they are being poked with needles or just itchy. I have no rashes or sores. I have not changed any food,soaps and I dont take any drugs.I also have a sudden loss of hair since this started.!!!

Doctor: Though there could be many cause of itchy skin, the presence of hairfall makes the diagnosis of hypothyroidism a possibi lity. You may need to see your doctor to check your thyroid levels. Hypothyroidism may present with several symptoms including dry, itchy skin, severe hairfall, fatigue, weight gain and mood swings.

Guest: Im having these problems also I will be acting my doctor to check my