Itchy spots after eating carbs turn into acne

Patient: Hi,I get very itchy skin after I eat ~ 60 g of carbs in a meal. The itchy skin is usually on top of raised, red skin similar to a mosquito bite. Sometimes (50%) these spots, turn into acne. I also have very oily skin.I’ve been tested for allergies and I have none of the common (peanuts, milk, rice, etc.) ones. The only two things that have ever controlled my acne are magnesium supplements and just reducing my carb intake. Right now, my diet is very restrictive and very fat heavy but my skin is okay.I’ve also tried other supplements and no other supplement has made things better. Sometimes, they’ve made things worse. Running regularly for a few months didn’t seem to help much either.It might be worth mentioning that I am a normal weight and average height. And have no other medical problems apart from this itching. Acne medication (minocycline, benzoyl peroxide) has only made things worse or had no effect.If you have any ideas about how to fix the itchy skin and acne, I’d be very grateful.Thanks.

Symptoms: Itching, acne

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.I understand your concern.For acne, I prefer to advise tablet Azithromycin, Dox ycycline to my patients. In recalcitrant cases, Consideration is given to start oral retinoids.Also topical clindamycin and azelaic acid can be applied if benzoyl peroxide made it worse.Avoid hair oil application and oily food in the diet.Do not touch or pop up the pimple.You can share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps.Stay healthy.