Its been 2 years and still cant get pregnant

Patient: I had a daughter at the age of 16 she is now 2. Ive been trying for 2 years to get pregnant. Im now 19 and still nothing has worked. Can you tell me whats wrong?

Symptoms: Not pregnant

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.The possible causes of secondary infertility are gonadal horm onal imbalance giving rise to irregular menstrual cycles, anovulation etc, block in fallopian tubes, uterine problems like endometrial abnormalities, fibroids, adhesions etc.Male factors like abnormal seminal parameters, genital abnormalities can also contribute to it.As you are not able to conceive since two years better to consult your doctor once and get evaluated.By examination and investigations like ultrasound, hysterosalpingography, semen analysis of your partner etc, the possible cause of the problem can be identified and treated.Take care.