Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > It’s been 44 days since my last period and I

It’s been 44 days since my last period and I

Patient: It’s been 44 days since my last period and I still haven’t gotten my period. I took a quick vue pregnancy test and came out negative and wanna know why

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.There are many causes for a delay in cycles other than pregnancy. The other causes co uld be due to a hormonal imbalance, endometriosis, polycystic ovaries, thyroid dysfunction, anemia, nutritional deficiencies, obesity, stress, vitamin deficiencies, sudden weight loss, uterine and ovarian causes.You will have to consult a gynecologist for an examination and investigations like blood and urine tests as well as an ultrasound of abdomen and pelvis to rule out the above causes.Based on the findings, the doctor will treat you accordingly.Hope this helped.Regards