Thanks for the query
Anal fissures are indeed very painful. There are a few measures you can take to deal with them.
1. Drink lots of water to avoid constipation
2. You may avoid using wet toilet paper wipes and with alcohol, as it can cause itching, burning and irritation
3. Avoid constipation, include a lot of fiber in the diet
4.For the pain, you may use lignocaine ointment having anesthetic use
5.You should not control the urge to pass motions and do it immediately
6. Consider consulting a doctor for an examination, preparations of GTN, botulinum toxin injections, calcium channel blockers, etc can be used for relief
7. If all above options do not work, then surgery is an option
Hope this helped.
These Q&A’s are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.