Its been a month since am suffering from anal fissure..

Patient : Hello doctor, its been a month since am suffering from anal fissure...i was applying Sucral Ano oint. but it provided no help..the pain is still there so it the cut
Symptoms:  Pain
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query Anal fissures are indeed very painful. There are a few measures you can take to deal with them. 1. Drink lots of water to avoid constipation 2. You may avoid using wet toilet paper wipes and with alcohol, as it can cause itching, burning and irritation 3. Avoid constipation, include a lot of fiber in the diet 4.For the pain, you may use lignocaine ointment having anesthetic use 5.You should not control the urge to pass motions and do it immediately 6. Consider consulting a doctor for an examination, preparations of GTN, botulinum toxin injections, calcium channel blockers, etc can be used for relief 7. If all above options do not work, then surgery is an option Hope this helped. Regards